Friday, March 6, 2009

Mandel Club's Childhood Memories

Hi, Ciara, it's Millie. I grew up in Brooklyn, NY and I had a lot of friends. We used to go bowling a lot. I had two sisters and a brother, I'm the youngest. We always had a dog, and I still do today! He's a black and white schnauzer. Do you like animals or have a pet? I'd love to hear back from you, be good!

Hi Kumar, its Del. I think it's great that you read the bible. How did you like Canada when you visited? What did you like about it? Good luck with your video games.

Hi, its Ann. My childhood was okay. My mother and father didn't have a lot of money so it was hard at times. As time went on, things got better. I went through school, graduated and became a stenographer. Then I met my husband, got married and had children.

Hi Sarah, its Harriet. I was glad to hear about your childhood. I am one of three children. I had an older brother and younger sister, so being in the middle things were always my fault. I graduated high school and received my diploma and went on to work in my father's grocery store. My grandparents lived with us too. I look forward to hearing from you again.

Hi Tarah, its Monia. I was not spoiled growing up. We had very little money, I grew up in Poland in the 30's. It was hard times. I'm glad for you that you have things, you should feel lucky and appreciate your parents and the life you have.

Hi this is Adele. I grew up in Farrockaway, NY with my sisters and brothers. We learned how to swim in the ocean. I just had a birthday on March 4th. I celebrated with my friends in Club Mandel. Chocolate is my favorite kind of cake.

Hi Mina, its Shirley. My parents both worked. I had a sister ten years older than me. And I was a schlep-a-long, which means tag-a-long.

Hi this is Dorothy. I had a nice childhood. There was 14 kids in my family, 6 sisters, 7 brothers and myself. We didn't have a lot of money but we had the necessities. I like to read and meet people.

Talk to you all again soon!

No comments: