Friday, February 27, 2009

Getting to know you

Hello again friends. We are really enjoying getting to know you better. Here are the answers to your questions. Some of our friends were not here to answer.

Adele- I attended a Jewish School in New York.

Monia-I also attended a Jewish School, but in Detroit. I remember I had a good friend named Mary.

Shirley- I attended Hazeldell Elementary School. I remember being an average student.

Sandra- Miles Standish and Doan for Elementary. The best thing about elementary school for me was meeting my friend Fernette, who I am still blessed with today.

Harriet- I love to play the game Maj Jongg with my friends in my apartment building. I host the game each week. It's a game you play with tiles. I attended Hazeldell School. I had very good grades throughout school. I also have a dear friend Ethel, whom I met in elementary school.

Richard-I went to school in Vienna! When I came to the United States, I opened a carpet business that my son's now run.

Millie- I went to school in New York. It was named PS-64. The schools there are all numbered. The PS stands for public school.

Ann-I grew up with African Americans. I attended John Burrells School, and I had to take two buses to get there.

Delbert- I attended Watts Elementary in Chester, PA. I had pretty good grades, and I went on to become a teacher!

Dorothy- I attended Lincoln Elementary in North Carolina. I remember my favorite teacher was Mrs. Gibson.

As a group, we are really enjoying getting to know you better, and we like answering your questions. Can't wait for the next batch.

Until then, The Mandel Club

No comments: